Gypsum Technologies Inc.
Gypsum Technologies Inc. (Gyptech) designs, manufactures, and commisions the equipment and factories that manufacture gypsum board (drywall). This includes a wide array of machines like paper roll stands (pictured below), inverters, tape cutters, each of which I have worked on at some point during my co-ops there.
Paper Roll Stand from Gyptech
Mechanical Design Intern, Gypsum Technologies Inc., Burlington, ON
May. – Aug. 2015
• Effectively redesigned various electro-mechanical and pneumatic paper handling machine assemblies as per customer specifications using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD
• Initiated and led a cost savings project with an estimated $1500 monthly savings, by streamlining mechanical design process with a custom model-database BOM comparison software add-in
• Documented and illustrated various mechanical design processes to standardize common procedures
Modified floor layouts in AutoCAD to reflect machinery design and layout changes
Mechanical Specialist, Gypsum Technologies Inc., Burlington, ON
Jan. – Apr. 2014
• Designed Inventor modelling tool to decrease mechanical engineering design time
• Updated mechanical assembly designs and drawings as per customer modifications
• Proofread blueprints as per company design specifications